We have an immediate need to add a valued member to our research and development team at Modularity Space working on the next generation of sustainable satellite systems in collaboration with NASA.
We are currently seeking a detail oriented, proficient computer/software engineer to assist in the design and implementation of state-of-the-art software and computer systems. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully completing complex projects, will be capable of handling a diverse task load, and will be ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily in a fast-paced startup environment. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential.
· Identify and design software components and requirements to implement a modular network for data transfer
· Create test plans for software and hardware interactions
· Create and implement networking protocols for plug-and-play systems
· Provide accurate estimates of software engineering project resource requirements
· Work closely with our management team to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Experience with C/C++ and Python languages (experience with Rust programming language is a plus)
- Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS), embedded systems and time-critical software development is highly desired
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications a plus
- Experience with hardware interfacing
- Preferably experience in device driver and BSP development
- In-depth knowledge of different processor technologies such as: ARM, PPC, LEON, OpenRISC, SoC processors is a plus
- Familiarity with communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, and CAN
- Familiarity or experience with networking protocols and plug-and-play architectures
- Ability to think and develop with modularity in mind based on Modular Open Network Architecture (MONA) principles
- Knowledgeable of hardware-in-the-loop testing and requirements
- Experience with avionics components and subsystems a plus (flight computers, control boxes, microcontrollers, etc)
“This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.”
About Modularity Space
Modularity Space is leading the future of the space industry through advanced manufacturing, reusability, and low-cost on-orbit services.
Modularity Space is changing the satellite servicing industry by offering a suite of technologies and services that drastically cut cost, development time, and customer pains. Our spacecraft platforms are designed to be modular and reusable which allows for increased mission flexibility.In addition to our servicing technologies we offer turn-key solutions through a mission service package that allow satellite operators to focus on their mission. All we need is the payload required to complete the mission and we take care of licensing, regulatory compliance, launch vehicle procurement, mission design, mission operations, and data processing and compiling.