Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall quality activities of the FAA repair station by leading the QA department in detection, dispositions, prevention and problem solving to minimize the number and impact of serious quality problems in compliance with the FAA repair station regulations.
1) Plan, organize and lead the implementation and use of quality systems and procedures in plant to assure consistent quality monitoring.
2) Direct the planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of all testing and analysis of finished tires, in process materials and raw materials.
3) Implement control systems and procedure in order to prevent those products not meeting quality standards into customer service wins.
4) Interacts with Plant Engineer, Process Engineer, Maintenance and Production; assists with all production activities and troubleshooting; drives customer satisfaction in the facility.
5) Responsible for establishing special controls which can require halting of production or shipment suspension as needed.
6) Ensure customers and process characteristics are identified for improvement.
7) Reduce plant operating cost related to high defect levels and quality problems.
8) Ensure product compliance to all customer, BSJ and governmental requirements and regulations to include all responsibilities as required by the Federal Aviation Administration Repair Station. This includes all required reporting.
9) Assist in the plant in all areas of Quality Assurance; Coordinate and implement best practices.
10) Responsible for the overall training program.
11) Development of department targets and objectives.
12) Contract and work with Quality Department vendors and contractors; ensure all contractors attend annual contractor safety training.
13) Assist in coordination with new vendor launches for both materials and components.
14) Maintain corrective action system for quality troubles; issue statistical reports.
15) Must effectively coordinate and communicate BSJ policies, concepts and ideas to BAU teammates.
16) Maintains all Repair Station certificates and records; ensures all record keeping systems, manuals, records of maintenance/calibration/inspection of precision test equipment is maintained and easily located as required.
17) All other duties as assigned.
1) Engineer, Statistics or related Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year (4) college or university.
2) Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
3) Detailed understanding of TQM systems, including the ability to direct, implement and maintain such.
4) Detailed understanding of the ISO/AS standards and gubernatorial regulations.
5) Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponent, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
6) Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
7) Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
8) Proficient computer use; able to navigate Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)