Pasco Sheriff's Office Internship Program
Would you like to be a part of an organization that is paving the way to a bright and safer tomorrow? Do you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself? Then the Pasco Sheriff’s Office is the right place for you!
Pasco Sheriff’s Office is offering unpaid internships to Undergraduate and Graduate students, who are seeking to receive credit for their time with the agency. The agency strives to provide cutting edge experiences that are not only unique but transferable skills within a law enforcement and beyond.
While the interns are spending time in their perspective units, a mentor will monitor the intern’s progress and conduct bi-weekly evaluations to ensure the intern is meeting any goals they set at the start of the program. The Internship Coordinator will send any observations, time-sheets, and necessary paperwork back to their respective Universities and Colleges as well as be available for any questions or concerns that may arise during the internship.
- Intelligence-Led Policing (ILP) (this requires more than 200 hours & requires a separate interview)
- Major Crimes
- Court Services
- Information Technology (IT)
- Florida’s Forensic Institute for Research, Security, and Tactics (FIRST)
- Child Protective Investigations (requires a separate interview)
- Journalism/Social Media/Public Relations
- Training Unit
- Victim Advocacy
- Exercise Science/Human Performance
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University or College
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively and build relationships with others
- Must have good organization and planning skills
- Completion of the internship application and submit it to the Human Resources Unit; the application should be completed NO LATER THAN 1 MONTH prior to the start of the internship
The deadline to apply for consideration for Spring 2022 is November 12th, 2021!
To apply simply go to joinpso.com/#/volunteer to fill out the application then send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (727) 844-7728
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to the Internship Coordinator, Emily Moore at (727) 844-7791 x7267 or at email@example.com