Firmware Engineer (Features / Embedded Systems / Product Software), Bachelors (Meraki)
Targeted Start Date August - September 2021 (2021 Graduates)
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to renowned universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
Our Product Software Engineers bring life to our products, imbuing them with what some call the Meraki Magic. Through your contributions, you will enable our customers to do more things more easily than ever before. You will have opportunities to work across our stack, developing software ranging from bootloaders, device drivers, and routing code to our distributed, cloud-hosted backend.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Here are some of the projects you might find yourself working on:
- Designing and implementing (usually in C/C++) features to improve the reliability, simplicity, and performance of our devices, as well as make them more flexible and powerful
- Bringing up our Linux-based system on new hardware platforms
- Collaborating with our hardware engineers on the design of new platforms
You’re the kind of person we’re looking for if you:
- are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a Bachelor’s technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
- are comfortable writing systems-level C/C++ (or if you’ve written your own OS!)
- have familiarity developing and implementing computer networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing protocols, IPv6, etc.)
- have worked with Linux on embedded platforms (like robots!)
- have an understanding of OS and experience working in both kernel and user space
- love being a part of a tight-knit, high-performing team and want to have an impact with your own work while also elevating your teammates
- are able to legally live and work in the country for which you're applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.