Technical Intern - Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- Manufacturing projects focused on electronics assemblies, including harnesses, printed wiring assemblies, electronics “box level” assemblies and interfacing assemblies.
- Participate in developing manufacturing plans including build documentation, work flow design, layout, optimization and resource utilization for high mix / low volume builds.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in process validation activities.
- Document work flow standards in process centers.
- Participate in environmental and reliability testing for space mission applications.
- Perform work under the supervision of senior engineers and managers.
- Prepare and formally present project work to the Manufacturing & Test Operations department.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree field such as mechanical, aerospace or chemical engineering preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated leadership in team environments preferred.
- Strong desire to learn and an excellent work ethic preferred.
- Coursework in work cell design and modeling preferred.
- Familiarization with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools preferred.
- Coursework and lab experience with basic manufacturing processes preferred.
- Basic familiarity with MRP software preferred.
- Strong competency in MS basic office skills. MS project and Visio experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.30 - $27.50 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.