Entry-Level Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID 00000267630
Date posted 09/08/2021
Location Everett, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Entry-level Manufacturing Engineers to support all locations and programs within the Puget Sound region, such as 777X, 767/Tanker, 737 Programs, Fabrication Division, and more. A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
- Regularly engages with mechanics on airplane manufacturing/assembly processes, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve the efficiency and reliability of the build plan
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop manufacturing and assembly processes, tooling, assembly fixtures, and procedures
- Collect and analyze production data to identify anomalies and investigate root causes when product first-pass quality and/or production efficiency is outside our standards of excellence
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems that arise during production to ensure integrity of the product and to minimize impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Integrates across engineering disciplines to manage the implementation of technical solutions into the build plan, ensuring production safety and stability and product reliability
- Analyzes and improves design/build concepts to evaluate a producible product definition (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA))
- Develops and implements process improvements using Lean production methodologies
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accredited course of study in engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Previous Internship in a production environment
- Previous Internship in an engineering role
- Ability to learn in a fast pace environment
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and the mechanics on the factory floor
Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following areas is highly preferred:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Material Sciences and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Plastics Engineering
- Plastics Engineering Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
These are union-represented positions.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is primarily for 1st shift, although off-shift work may be required on an as-needed basis.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.