Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering Intern
POSITION: Co-op Engineering
LOCATION: Aerosonic LLC FLSA CODE: Non-exempt
Duties/Responsibilities for the Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering intern:
· This position will require the applicant to feel comfortable with the following tasks:
o Understanding and implementing design direction from Project Engineers using Solidworks or equivalent CAD software
o Following standard drawing practices to produce drawings to be used to fabricate material; knowing GD&T is a plus
o Collecting and analyzing data to form conclusions and suggest next steps to meet product goals
o Discussing work products with appropriate staff members and management in Engineering and Operations
o Performing test and evaluation tasks under the guidance of Project Engineers
· Co-ops are expected to work full-time (40 hours/week for 7- 9 months; i.e., during the summer/fall or spring/summer.)
· The Project Engineers/PM will determine specific duties and learning opportunities for the Co-Op/Intern.
· Perform applicable duties as assigned.
· Must possess the ability to work in and around an Engineering environment in a safe manner. Specific demands will be determined by job assignment.
· Must be a US person
· Must possess the ability to work in an Engineering environment. Specific demands may include manual operations such as painting, cleaning, wind tunnel testing, electronics debugging, and assembly of electro-mechanical devices.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Excellent computer skills including familiarity of office support programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Solidworks (or equivalent CAD software.)
· Strong problem-solving skills using sound judgement and attention to detail.
· Previous experience designing and hands-on building of complex aero and/or mechanical devices is a plus
· Ability to think and work independently.
Applicant will be required to pass a drug screen and background check. All interested applicants should apply to Humanresources@Aerosonic.com
Advanced Co-op Position:
Possesses an undergraduate engineering degree and is enrolled in a Master’s Degree program. Individuals will be expected to perform at a higher level of analysis and will be given projects to initiate, develop, analyze, and report findings. Higher level of independence and initiative is expected during interactions with engineering and operations for design, test, reliability/manufacturability assessment and problem resolution.