About the Company
Zero Gravity Corporation is a privately held space tourism, research, and education company whose mission is to make the excitement and adventure of space accessible to the public. The experience offered by Zero-G gives individuals the opportunity to experience true “weightlessness” without going to space. Available for qualifying experiments, Zero-G encourages projects from universities, corporations, government, and individuals alike seeking to conduct serious investigations in martian, lunar, zero, and hypergravity environments, especially those planning a suborbital, or orbital, or deep space scientific program.The Zero-G Team is composed of highly talented individuals scattered from coast-to-coast, who work remotely or travel with the Zero-G aircraft. The company is expanding rapidly, and our work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. We are passionate about our unique product, and our team members are experts in the industry.
Zero-G is looking for an enthusiastic and highly trained Aerospace engineer to help us add an airplane to our fleet. This is a remote, work-from-home position will require about 30% travel to the Detroit area.
Responsibilities for Aerospace Engineer
- Manage full lifecycle of new aircraft project: design, maintenance, construction, and improvements
- Responsibility to deliver a safe and reliable aircraft on time and on budget
- Study existing aircraft design drawings and gain expert familiarity with our plane
- Work collaboratively with team members to verify feasibility of the design and propose alternate solutions
- Utilize drafting tools to test, verify and model designs
- Research and report on new technology substitutions as practical
- Coordinate with various departments and vendors on various elements of the project
- Generate and deliver reports to managers and senior-level officers
- Travel to the worksite and support meetings related to the project
Qualifications for Aerospace Engineer
- Bachelors degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience of engineering project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft, specifically Boeing 727 and other Boeing cargo aircraft
- Intermediate background using CAD software, such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, or ProEngineer
- Proven experience working within Google Workspace
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly and easily assess problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and seek assistance to solve problems
- Salary range $100,000 - 120,000 annually
- 100% Company-paid health, dental and vision insurance
- 100% Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan with 3% employer contribution annually
- Annual bonus opportunities
- 13 Company-paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off
- Employee stock options
**Remote interview process.
Zero Gravity Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Zero Gravity Corporation is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Zero-G company participates in E-Verify.