What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Flight Dispatchers are responsible for domestic and international flight release preparation; preparing weather briefings; determining fuel load; calculating maximum payloads; in-flight monitoring/debriefing of each flight; advising of any operational problems pertaining to assigned flights; communicating and coordinating any deviations with System Control, Maintenance Control, and Flt Crews.
- Prepares domestic and international flight releases in compliance with all FAA regulations and ATI’s specifications. Files flight plan with all necessary ATC units and confirms receipt. Provides Flight Crew, prior to departure and while in flight, with all information necessary for dispatching a flight including weather forecasts, airport conditions, navigational aid status, and NOTAMS.
- Determines fuel load.
- Calculates max payload. If there is a change in the “Max Payload” on a flight, notifies the Supervisor and System Control immediately
- In-flight monitoring and debriefing of each assigned flight. Before completing duty shift, ensures that all active flights have been properly passed to another qualified Flight Follower on the next shift, and that any delays or abnormal situations have been thoroughly communicated.
- Advises of any operational problems or changes pertaining to assigned flights; communicates and coordinates any deviations to plan with the Supervisor and communicate with System Control, Maintenance Control and Flt Crews.
- Performs other and related duties as required
- Must hold a valid Aircraft Dispatcher certificate issued by the FAA
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers; stand, bend, and reach in order to maintain files; sit for extended periods of time; and comply with ATI attendance requirements
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to work shift work
Preferred Job Skills:
- College level courses on specialized training in the aviation field.
- College Degree
- Private pilot’s license.
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers.
- sit for extended periods of time.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc