Airline Customer Service Agent - VPS
Airline Customer Service Agent
- Free flight benefits via Allegiant Air: Employee + One - flights and bags
- Paid, on-the-job training
- Immediate Advancement Opportunities
The Customer Service Agent performs duties for contracted commercial airline operations including scheduled or charter services. Duties will be carried out in a timely manner, meeting the flight schedule, aircraft servicing requirements, and the service quality expectation of the air carrier, flight crew, and/or travel director/tour escort. In addition to Customer Service Agent essential duties and functions listed below, responsibilities will include outdoor ground operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations, and commissary duties as required. The Customer Service Agent will work directly with the station management to ensure all processes and procedures are being followed to ensure a safe and on-time operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Check in passengers, process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats.
- Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements.
- Must be people-oriented, highly motivated, with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers.
- Must react sensitively and in a timely fashion to all customer requests and concerns.
- Ensure FAA, TSA, and airport regulations are followed.
- Assist customers who need assistance boarding.
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy.
- Enforce safety and security measures and monitor safety sensitive zones.
- Respond to irregular operations as needed.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as dictated by flight schedules including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Promote safety and compliance with all regulatory, company, and airline requirements.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To fulfill this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, partly through strong and efficient time management capabilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with other management, employees, customers, and associate companies is a must.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Basic computer skills and knowledge of general computer equipment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to qualify to operate airline support equipment.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must be able to qualify for all TSA security clearance requirements.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry 50 pounds on a continuous basis. Agents must be able to carry a suitcase from the floor to a height sufficient to place them in baggage carts and onto loading equipment, and carry a 50 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, climbing, balancing, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time in aircraft cargo holds and baggage bins. The employee must have sufficient hearing and vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is at an airport, both indoors and outdoors. It is possible that the employee may encounter extreme weather conditions and temperature ranges. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Contracted Airline Flight Benefits
- Employee plus One receive benefits
- Free Bags
- Free Allegiant Flights (Unlimited)
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Wages