Fall 2023 - Supply Chain Co-op
This is a hybrid schedule. Opportunity to come into the office once a week is available, and the rest of time is remote. First few weeks can be in person to have training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Under supervision, assist with developing and implementing cost-effective and efficient procedures to purchase commodities in accordance with product specifications, services in accordance with User stated requirements, and company policies and procedures.
1. Develops sources of supply and obtains information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc. and ensures all applicable data is current at supplier.
2. Works under the guidance of a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Subcontract Administrator, or Purchasing Manager:
3. Preparation of solicitations requesting quotes, receive and evaluate bids; and negotiation of optimum delivery schedules and the best combination of price, quantity discount, product quality, standard terms and conditions.
4. Communicates with internal customers to ensure their requirements are met.
5. Prepares definitive purchase orders, including terms and conditions, makes award, and administers with suppliers within budgetary limitations.
6. Resolves problems related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and payment to the supplier by taking appropriate corrective action.
7. Resolve the part, item or service shortage situations.
8. Develop, maintain, and ensure assigned purchasing actions are completed in time to ensure product delivery and/or service completion by the User’s need date.
9. Conduct negotiations and secure the supplier’s agreement in accordance with specific objectives set forth in the supporting requisition.
10. Support purchasing related issues when Buyer shortages (vacation, retirement, etc.) exist.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Must be currently enrolled student in Bachelor degree program pursuing a degree in Business Management, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
2. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
3. Students must be able to work at least 3 semesters starting in Fall 2023.
4. Must have own reliable transportation to and from work
5. Effective written and verbal communications skills required.
6. Ability to operate personal computers; experience with Microsoft Windows.
7. Must to be familiar in Microsoft Products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook • Purchasing or related experience preferred.
8. Basic knowledge in purchasing methods and techniques.
9. Background and credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position.
Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility; shows pride in work performed; demonstrates flexibility in acceptance of assignments and schedules; maintains professional behavior and appearance; exhibits dependability.
4 hours per month personal time Savannah, GA
Discounted Gym Membership
Company paid housing