Co-Op, Technical Operations (Summer 2023)
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)The Technical Operations Division at Delta Air Lines, Inc. has a student program that includes positions within engineering and some production/operational related areas of the organization. Technical Operations is seeking to fill several Co-Op opportunities with students studying in the following major disciplines:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Management/Analysis
- Computer Science
Students may have the opportunity to work in the following Departments within the Technical Operations Division:
- Repair Process Engineering (RPE)
- Engine Technical Services
- Operations Support Engineering
- Propulsion Fleet Engineering
- Technical Sales & Marketing
- Enabling Technologies
- Interiors Engineering
- Demand Planning
- Fleet Projects
- Materials Management
- Component Engineering
- Fleet Engineering
- Supplier Operations
- Engineering Process & Compliance
- What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)The CO-OP position requires a candidate to be enrolled as an undergraduate (sophomore or above) that has successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester (45 quarter) hours.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and be able to maintain the minimum GPA.
- Candidate must be capable of working in a team environment to creatively solve technical problems.
- Candidate must also have the ability to complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Good technical writing skills, oral communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of basic PC skills and Microsoft Office software suite.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Some positions may require weekend and/or shift work.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Students must be eligible to work the below semesters (graduating December 2024 or later) alternating semesters of classes with working at Delta:
- Summer 2023
- Spring 2024
- Fall 2024