Aircraft Mechanic N4G
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company that provides domestic and international training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic to join our team.
The mission of the N4G Program is to provide adversary air services to Naval fighter squadrons, groups, and wings, primarily focused out of the Naval Air Station in Fallon, Nevada but will periodically travel to various work sites across the U.S. to support contract requirements.
Tactical air is seeking maintenance artisans and technicians to include Egress, Powerplant, and Structural Mechanics to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance supporting the N4G Program. The ideal candidate will be responsible to maintain, inspect, test, repair, modify, and troubleshoot aircraft engine components and equipment as required and in accordance with applicable publications and governing instructions. Each position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed. The successful candidate may be required to report to the Reno/Stead facility for orientation, training, and for regular ongoing support of the N4G program or other sustainment activities.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and work-related experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
- Recent experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) and with J85-21C engine strongly preferred.
- Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) certification.
- Plane Captain certification preferred; or ability to become certified.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, remove, replace, and overhaul aircraft engine components and systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have working knowledge of all aircraft main, auxiliary, secondary power systems, fuel systems, engine level, and bleed air components.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. required.
- Current U.S. government security clearance; must submit to criminal background check and pre-employment drug testing (including for marijuana).
- Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.