Robotics Software Development Engineer
Are you fascinated by the infinite possibilities of cyber-physical systems? Do you dream of developing ambitious technologies that will bridge the physical and virtual world and define the future? Are you passionate about applying your expertise in your field of engineering or science? If the answer is yes, then the ASUS Robotics & AI Center is the perfect environment for you to thrive.
Our goal is to create a multidisciplinary team of the world’s brightest engineers and scientists to develop ambitious technologies that will define the future. If you have the passion, knowledge and expertise to contribute to an elite and diverse team of experts, we strongly encourage you to apply today.
Interested in learning more? Watch our short video about the amazing opportunities at the ASUS Robotics & AI Center.
Roles & responsibilities
- Design and implement a flexible and robust navigation stack that enables quick iterations.
- Design and implement a test environment that supports automated testing with validation data.
- Explore, evaluate, and select suitable approaches for decision-making under uncertainty.
- Proactively address problems with a research-thinking mindset and critically think about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Independently read relevant literature and share your insights and knowledge with other stakeholders.
- Work in a cross-functional team that takes ownership of the full software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other teams to make optimal software architecture design decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Exceptional academic track record with expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, robotics, control theory, and/or mathematical optimization.
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithm development and software architecture design.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, and test automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.