Dealer Support Engineer
Avidyne is a leading provider of avionics to general and business aviation, and consists of a team of aviation enthusiasts uniquely positioned to play a key role in the next generation of personal aviation. Electric, vertical take-off, autonomous, helicopters, airplanes, experimental, you name it, we are working on avionics to make it better.
About the Dealer Support Engineer position
Our Dealer Support Engineers are entrusted with providing avionics installation expertise and support for Avidyne’s family of current products. These engineers are personable, team-oriented aviation enthusiasts who serve as liaisons between our dealer community, installation engineering team, and manufacturing facility.
Primarily responsibilities include addressing dealer technical inquiries, authorizing warranty services when deemed appropriate, and communicating product and/or installation questions or concerns when patterns emerge.
Our Dealer Support Engineering responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating recognized expertise in the specifications, capabilities, installation, and operation of avionics, with an emphasis on Avidyne products.
- Answering installer technical inquiries regarding Avidyne products.
- Serving as liaison between dealer, customer, and associates of other departments within Avidyne.
- Monitoring, documenting, and reporting installation training gaps or product failure trends.
- Reviewing special circumstances and authorizing warranty service and repair when deemed appropriate.
- Reviewing owner’s manuals, installation manuals, and maintenance manuals for completeness, technical accuracy, and areas prone to misinterpretation.
- Supporting Avidyne avionics installation training both internally and externally.
- Serving on a rotation for 24/7 aviation technical support coverage.
- Representing Avidyne at industry and professional meetings, conferences, and trade shows as requested.
- Create knowledge-based articles/instructions for repeat issues.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft systems and avionics sub-systems.
- Knowledge and ability to discuss and troubleshoot various avionic systems.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computers and software.
- Ability to provide accurate information on a timely basis.
- Ability to successfully identify and resolve difficult problems.
- Ability to build and develop positive relationships.
- Ability to foster and promote a service-oriented culture.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook with strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to travel to dealers / facilities to provide on-site support, when needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. Significant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- At least 2-years’ experience within the aviation industry in a support or engineering role OR a master’s degree in aerospace or another relevant aviation area of study.
Other Desirable Experience
- Pilot’s license.
- Applied knowledge and experience with avionics installation, integration, and support.
- Knowledge of and ability to discuss and troubleshoot various avionic systems.
- Knowledge of technical product support processes.
- General knowledge of warranties, return authorization processes (RMA), and return for credit processes.
- Prior experience with presenting at trade shows and dealers.
- Prior customer service experience within aviation.
- Prior experience with customer relationship and customer service software programs.